Did Your College Close?

If your college or career/trade school closed while you were enrolled, or soon after you withdrew, the Department of Education may be able to help. For each school listed below, they’ve provided information outlining options such as:

  • transferring to another school,
  • obtaining your academic transcripts,
  • determining whether you qualify for a discharge of your federal student loans (and how to apply for a discharge), and
  • contacting your loan servicer for assistance.

We and the Department of Education encourage you to avoid paying companies for student loan consolidation or forgiveness services that your federal loan servicer provides on behalf of ED for free. Read the Department of Education’s blog post about your rights and options as a borrower.

Click through to look for your school’s name, and find information about the closure and what your options are.

Department of Education Closed School List

Connect With Us

Author Information