Week of Action: Degrees Not Debt
It’s the Degrees Not Debt week of action! Existing student debt exceeds an astounding $1.2 trillion and over 40 million Americans are dealing with huge student loan payments every month. But you might be able to reduce your loan payments with Income-Driven Repayments, or get rid of them all together through Public Service Loan Forgiveness.
Attend the National Education Association’s Degrees Not Debt webinar:
A look at the Higher Education Act and Public Service Loan Forgiveness. Speakers include Mark F. Smith, an NEA senior policy analyst and Heather Valentine, an NEA federal lobbyist.
- When: Monday, November 17, 6-7 p.m., EST
- Follow this URL: neaorg.adobeconnect.com/c4o
- Sign in as a guest; enter your full name followed by your state initials: i.e., Jordan Smith, PA.
- Once you are logged into the room, activate your audio by clicking the phone icon at the top of the window, select dial-out, put in 1+ your phone number, and the system will call you.
- Follow on Twitter: #DegreesNotDebt
- Or, if you need to dial-in directly (no direct-dial extension), call and enter the Participant Code:
- Conference Call line: 1-719-785-4487
- Participant Code: 387457
Other resources for this week:
You can also spread the word by taking action through #DegreesNotDebt on Facebook and Twitter. Here are a few ideas!
- Need student loan help? Click to share post.
- You could be leaving money on the table. Click to share post.
- “My student loan debt is more than my mortgage.” Click to share post.
- “I’ve always said I’m going to college and I don’t care what it takes.” Click to share post.
- Average college grad owes $30,000 in student loans. Let’s fix this, sign the pledge for #DegreesNotDebt
- Are you 1 of the 7 in 10 college grads who owe money for student loans? There’s hope #DegreesNotDebt
- Hey future educators, have you heard of TEACH Grants? They may help w/ your student loan burden. #DegreesNotDebt
- What are 2 things you can do if you’re struggling with student loan debt? Answer: #DegreesNotDebt
- We know student loan debt can feel crippling. So we want to make sure you know all your options #DegreesNotDebt
Posted on 13 November 2014
|The National Education Association (NEA), the nation's largest professional employee organization, is committed to advancing the cause of public education. NEA's 3 million members work at every level of education—from pre-school to university graduate programs. NEA has affiliate organizations in every state and in more than 14,000 communities across the United States.|
|Visit Website||Follow @|