What Student Debt Looks Like in Seven Major American Cities
What does student debt look like in a city near you? The answer might surprise you. The maps of the following seven American cities display regions shaded according to average loan balance (left), delinquency rates (center), and median income (right).
- Watch the explanation of the data.
- Explore the interactive new project, MappingStudentDebt.org, created in collaboration with Generation Progress and Equitable Growth.
- Read Equitable Growth’s explainer piece to get the bigger picture.
- Share the imbalances created by student debt in a city near you using #MappingStudentDebt.
- Give us feedback on what layers you’d like to see added to these student debt maps using #MappingStudentDebt.
Posted on 30 November 2015